How to Change Windshield Wipers on a Car
Does your vehicle need new wiper blades? Luckily, getting your windshield wipers replaced is easy and affordable. Here at Karen Radley Acura, we will help you learn how to replace your windshield wiper blades at home with our step-by-step guide.
How to Install Wiper Blades at Home
- Purchase new wiper blades that fit your vehicle. Wiper blades vary in size, so measure one of your old blades or check your owner’s manual for the exact dimensions you will need for your car.
- Lift the arm and remove the old blade. To make the arm release the blade, depress the tab on the arm’s underside then slide it out downwards.
- Insert the new blade by pulling it into the arm until you hear a click. The clicking indicates that the tab has secured the blade in place.
- Lower the arm and repeat for the second blade. Even if only one blade has been causing trouble, replacing them at the same time will ensure that both will last you for a while.
- Test your windshield wipers. Doing this will confirm that you have properly installed both blades. It’s far better to test them ahead of time than realize that one or both weren’t installed correctly when you need them.
[ READ MORE: How to Check Tire Tread at Home ]
Is your vehicle due for some maintenance? Large or small, our team at Karen Radley Acura is here to help! Schedule service with us online here. Looking for more ways to take care of your car? Explore the Karen Radley Acura blog for plenty of topics ranging from tips and tricks to Acura news.